Thursday, September 30, 2010

matt, can we please live here someday?

(source)


This house has just received certification as the first LEED for Homes Platinum custom home in Marin County, and one of only a handful in Northern California.

I would have no clue what LEED means except for the fact that Matt is majoring in Landscape Architecture and he did a project with something to do with it. It means Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design.

I have recently been interested in sustainability and being environmentally friendly. I want to do my part. Living in a house like this would be amazing! I know it won't happen but thinking about these things when we do own a home and do some renovations will help us to do our part.

P.S. Do you see the ceilings in that second picture? LOVE!

1 comments:

Leed Certification said...[Reply to comment]

Wow, that house sure does look amazing. Have you also seen The Rain Shine House? It was also Gold Leed Certified and it also looks beautiful at any angle, inside and out. I'll try to look for the link and share it here. :)