Tuesday, October 19, 2010

fruit chair



I have this chair that my mom got from my grandparents. My mom got it reupholstered like 10 years ago. The fabric has fruit on it. I call it the fruit chair. I'm sure at the time it looked good but now that I took ownership of it I want to give it a more modern feel. I love the shape of it and it's super comfey to sit in.

Enter this video. If you have 15 minutes of free time and like design, re purposing, home decor, or furniture than you should watch it. I really enjoyed it. I found it on Design Sponge.

Spruce Upholstery is located in Austin. I love everything about this shop. The people, their style, and the fact that they love what they do. I can't wait to see more videos from them!

This shop and video has inspired me to find a fabric for my chair and get it reupholstered in the next year. This seems like a long time from now but I don't have a place for this chair now. And if I don't write this down now I will forget about it. After the wedding this chair will have a place to live.

I have added a list on the left of my blog where I can put things that I want to accomplish. As I finish them I will blog about it. This is the first one. I hope to add lots to this list soon.

0 comments: